Business & Innovation Coach
Two decades of versatile innovation project management, technology research and dynamic manufacturing technology strategy.
- Business strategy, risk analysis and planning; Business Model Canvas and Strategy Canvas.
- Lead group innovation and design thinking workshops: Concept Mapping, Affinity Diagrams, Story Boards.
- Financial management, planning, analysis and project budgeting; Strategy Mapping, Balanced Score Card, Activity Based Costing, and MS Excel.
- Develop project scopes, plans, objectives, and KPI's; Track milestones and deliverables; MS Project.
- Waterfall and Agile methodologies; An analytical thinker, able to identify business risk and efficiencies.
- Strong stakeholder / client presenter, cross-functional team leader, collaborator and negotiator; MS PowerPoints.
- Identify and analyze key industry trends and write assessment reports; Blue Ocean Strategy & Market Validation Canvas.
My Startup Coach Inc. – Business & Innovation Coach; Founder, Toronto, Ontario (2018 - Present);
- Company website address is http://www.mystartupcoach.ca
- Business and innovation process coaching services for new and established companies;
- Business investment programs include: Identifying Market Strategies (IMS); Business Model Strategies (BMS); Business Plan Excellence (BPE); Perfecting Presentation / Pitch Skills (PPS) and Innovation Process Execution (IPE).
RAMP Group Inc. – Project Manager, Waterloo, Ontario (2017);
- Determined resources for completing large innovation projects on time and within budget using MS Project.
- Managed complex production innovation projects for multi-national manufacturing clients.
- Managed client relationships through email, team WebEx meetings, phone and onsite meetings; PPT's.
- Managed budget forecasts and wrote client status reports using MS Excel; Wrote change order requests.
TD Bank Enterprise & Innovation Lab – Innovation Program Analyst, Communitech Technology Incubator, Kitchener, (2016);
- Researched innovation articles and methodologies to help assess and evaluate TD's partner innovation projects. Interviewed senior managers, wrote analysis reports and made presentations to unit manager.
- Using Agile methods, developed several digital TD template tools, from data analysis, for improved partner transparency.
Eleven-x (start-up) – Business Analyst, The Accelerator Centre, Waterloo, Ontario (2015-16);
Wireless Internet of Things (IoT) LoRa network system builders and innovative microprocessor engineers.
- Researched, interviewed and analyzed wireless semiconductor companies to gain strategic industry information.
- Compiled a strategic database of potential partners and clients and wrote industry analysis reports.
JDK Project Consulting – Project Manager/Consultant, Toronto, Ontario (2010-15);
- Global technology research; Production technology consulting, reports and client presentations.
- Efficiency and innovation project management and strategy development – Short-term contracts.
Stackpole International – Automation Project Manager, Mississauga, Ontario, (2000-09);
Multi-national award-winning designer and manufacturer of precision engineered powertrain components and oil pump systems.
- Working with Waterfall methodologies, implemented in-process data analytics with innovative programming techniques on several projects. Scrap rate was reduced by 18%.
- Using the Agile process approach, increased operations throughput with innovative automation programming. Revenues were increased by 150% over a 7-year period.
- Strategized with management on operations improvements. Using Agile processes, analyzed in-process programs then led re-programming initiative for improved efficiency. Cycle times were reduced by 33%.
- Monitored project milestones and deliverables against schedules, budgets and KPI's.
- Prioritized advanced technology solutions with Sr. management. Managed numerous automation projects, defining scopes, objectives and plans. Output quadrupled in 8 years, reducing costs up to 50%.
- Monitored and analyzed project supplier procurements and developed new vendor partner specifications for components and systems. Attained project discount agreements of 14% to 20%.
- Wrote technical reference manuals and trained personnel on updated automation equipment.
Exco Technologies, Engineering Div. – Automation Specialist, Newmarket, Ontario, (1996-2000);
A global leader in engineering and building large high pressure die cast tooling for industry. Interchangeable Slide concept pioneers and multi NADCA & OEM award winners.
- Team-up with ME & EE engineers on special R&D prototype programs and testing.
- Collaborate on equipment CapEx budgets and procurement for new R&D test centre.
- Consult and provide innovative programmable PLC and automation control solutions.
- Travel with executive managers to learn customer NPI operations specifications.
- Specify, negotiate, and procure various automation equipment and control systems.
KMRA Non-Profit Association – Founder and President; Mississauga/Haliburton, Ontario (1999-2011);
A members’ association to fund, build, and maintain a 1.8 km private cottage road.
- Collaborated with 3 levels of government and consulted project stakeholders on an effective road design. Analyzed scenarios and made several presentations. Project received approval within 6 months.
- Developed project scope, objectives, plans and capitalization budget. Deliverables completed on budget and schedule within very tight permit deadlines. Developed group association policies with members.
Masters – Business. Entrepreneurship. Technology, School of Entrepreneurship & Business, University of Waterloo, (2015-16);
- (MBET) An innovative accelerated business degree specializing in entrepreneurship and technology.
- Norman Esch Scholarship Award for thorough research and complete business plan.
Honours Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com), York University, Toronto (2011-15);
- Key Electives: Project Management, Technology Mgmt., Business Strategy, Managing Teams, Digital Marketing, Qualitative Research, Management Information Systems, Management Policy, Finance, Organizational Theory & Design.
- On the Dean's List.
Diploma – Industrial Control Systems, Automation, Humber College, Toronto (1994-1996).
- Fundamentals of Management Consulting (CMC), University of Waterloo, (2016);
- Technical Sales (TSC), University of Waterloo, (2016);
- Project Management (PMBOK), York University, (2014);
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC); Personal Financial Planning (PFP); Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH),
– Canadian Securities Institute, Toronto, (2009-11).